Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Saturday, 24 July 2010


I guess some of you will have questions for me such as: So just where have I been? Why did I disappear with out trace & or not reply to emails or blog posts & the like? Well If I were to include all the both the boring & the gruesome details this email/post would become a very long & tedious thing that many of you would probably not finish reading. Yes even longer than it is now. So here is the short version, well as short as I can make it anyway:

I allow my two youngest children to use my PC (until I can buy them their own) the problem is I have certain rules of use that they think they can ignore as they think I don’t find out. My most basic rule is NO FREE GAMING SITES or FREE DOWNLOADING SITES. Now whilst there ARE many, many free gaming sites & downloading sites that ARE truly official & fully safe they ARE sadly out numbered by those that are not safe. My two youngest children constantly ignore my simple rules of use & well every so often (about 4 times a year now) I have to go & format my system & restore it all again.

A little over a month before I went off line this time they did it again – screwed up my system.

My solution for fixing it is simple: Swap out my master Hard Drive for a spare one then I transfer all data I want to keep (mine & theirs). Unfortunately ‘this time’ we the whole family were having issues that were giving all of us grief to varying levels. Before anyone knew what was going on these issues began to merge & grow. Add to that I was loosing more & more sleep through it all, my art was piling up around me: WIP projects, broken waiting repair projects, projects for friends, & a couple of private commissioned projects for good measure thrown in.

I ‘should have’ just left the PC sitting there whilst we got to sorting these life issues out but my two youngest would not get off my case about fixing the PC. I told them that I was not in the mood & was too tired to fix it. They would not leave me alone about it. So I went to fix it. Got myself in a right state doing so & broke my hard drive & my DVD R/RW drive too, in effect totally killed the PC. So well I blew my lid & said screw this. I decided I needed to both rest up & deal with family issues that were haunting us. I left the PC broken & my two youngest constantly moaning over it.

Finally the weekend gone (last weekend) we had finally managed to get on top (mostly) of the life issues plaguing the whole family & I asked my wife B (Barbara) to go buy me the replacement drives I required to fix my PC. That was last Monday gone. It was late in the day before she went to get the drives & much later when she returned so I promised to fix the PC the following day (Tuesday) gone. I knew both my wife & I had appointments with our chiropodist at one o’clock on the Tuesday, but I felt confident I could get the PC drives in & get the operating system restored before we had to leave the house saving some time later when we returned.

Tuesday gone that’s when life being life really leapt up on my back knocked me down & kicked me in the face good & hard – ALL DAY. I felt I could get my new drives in the PC & get the operating system restored at least then saving time later in the day… That’s when things really began to go wrong ALL DAY. It went wrong. At around ten that morning i installed the new drives & powered up my PC. Suddenly there was an ear splitting POP sound & a mild smell of burnt out components. At the same instant several loud shouts of “Who killed the lights” & “Who killed the wall sockets” along with “The TV just went off” With just a bit of “The new washing machine just stopped” thrown in for good measure. I shouted back “My fault I blew the power”. It took only a few seconds to realise my monitor had blown. Yes my monitor…

So with ‘most’ of the issues plaguing the family some £200 later a new hard drive a new DVD r/rw drive & a new monitor later I finally have my system up & running again. I still have projects to sort emails & blog posts to get through groups, forums & blogs to get caught up on. Fiends to reassure that I am still here & (still tired) but fine but I am back. I DO have the last parts of the ‘custom novelty foot stool’ project I made for my wife to post & WILL be doing that today as I managed through all the troubles we had to get that done at least.
I have a LOT of catching up to do so will get this posted/emailed & get right on it. Hopefully things & projects will resume over the next week (two) here so anything I promised to do, have still to do etc WILL resume as soon a humanly possible. I apologise for any/all delays & confusion I caused guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment