Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Thursday 19 November 2009

I LOVE DRAGONS SO WHY MAKE DRAGON SLAYER WEAPONS?

This is a subject i feel i must address as i am now re-working a series of fantasy weapons i started some time ago but have yet to finish. Some time ago someone once asked me in a private email "If you love dragons so much why do you then want to make dragon killing weapons?" Well whilst at first this may seem odd along with the fact when i got back into paper mache a few years ago the very first thing that inspired me back into this art medium & the very first thing i even began to make were large dragon heads.  Integeral to 'me' MY beliefs whilst growing up the concept of if there is good in the world there HAS to be evil too, after all there IS a negative to every positive. An up to down, a left to right.

Whilst i simply love & adore the 'concept' of dragons because of my personal beliefs if there were good dragons then there simply 'had' to have been bad dragons too. So, alongside my many unfinished dragons (heads & full bodied). I felt it was only natural to also begin creating dragon slayer weapons too. Put more simply i like balance in the world & making these weapons for ME balances things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment