Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Thursday 6 January 2011

GOING CRAZY IN A CRAFTY WAY

Not being one for giving huge successful commercial companies a free meal ticket I don’t tend to add commercial business links or indeed any kind of advertising anywhere I hang out such as any websites I create or my blog here for instance. I won’t even wear any branded clothing or footwear that openly displays a company’s slogan or logo if I can help it. If I paid they’re outlandish high purchase fee’s then why the hell should I then walk around as a living human bill board & advertise for them for free? Not going to happen if I can help it!.

I DO however like to give a helping hand to any close friends or local small businesses. The reasons simply being that not only do they benefit me but they benefit the community at large too especially in a manor that could have sections of a community working together such as in creative art. One such small local business & as it happens one of the places I like to stop by once a month (or when I can) when I do my monthly art supply run.

I freely admit I don’t call in as often as I’d like but for reasons that are not relevant here I won’t go into them. Also when I do I unfortunately don’t spend very much in the small shop but that’s only because whilst it currently caters for many, many hobbies & arts & craft forms I am restricting MY paper mache to as close to a none mixed media as I possibly can. So obviously this restricts my choices of the wealth of available goods on are on sale. Having said that I am always delighted to find a new range of paint brushes, paints, papers, sealers & other ever growing additions that I can use in my art that ensure I’ll be back next art run.

Not only is this little arts & crafts shop a true little Aladdin’s cave the ever cheerful owner (Sue) always has time for a quick friendly chat be it art materials related or something neighbourly & friendly. If there is something you can’t find in the shop there & then Sue can more than likely arrange to have it in the store for you then next time you drop in.

Having said all that following my recent art supply run I discovered that Sue puts out a news letter both as printed free to pick up ‘in shop’ & by Email if you choose to receive them that way instead. So with kind permission from Sue I will be featuring each new news letter I receive right here on my blog. The first of which you can find below:


                         
                          Also known as (The stuff shop)!!!
JANUARY 2011
NEWSLETTER - ISSUE 10
Hi Again,
Happy New Year!

What a December that was! Let’s hope the snow has gone for good, and we can all get on as usual without the problems the snow brought.
Hope you all had a good Christmas, and didn’t over indulge too much, and hopefully you’ll all have and absolutely great New Year.

As with all businesses, Crazy Crafters suffered due to the weather problems, but it’s 2011 and things can only get better, so it’s business as usual and looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

Here’s some dates for your diaries…
Harrogate craft show – 7th to 11th January,
Rainton Meadows Arena show (Houghton le Spring)
Sunday 23rd January 10am – 3pm.
Stitch and Creative Crafts (Surrey) 3rd – 5th February.
Valentines day 14th February
Mothers Day 3rd April
Easter 24th April,
Papercrafts (Edinburgh) Saturday 30th April.
Papercrafts (Newcastle) Sunday May 1st.
Father’s Day 19th June.

So…What’s New?
I have designed and packaged some aperture cards packs which are now available.  They are £1.99 for a pack of 5,
Get some in, ready for Easter and Mother’s Day.
We have coloured acetate available to buy as single sheets at only £1.25 in blue, red, green and yellow.
Card packs printed with Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Fathers Day also available @ £1.60 for a pack of 4.
Toy stuffing and wadding also available in 250g and 70g packs.
Artist carry packs to transport or keep work safe from £3.99 to £6.99
Carry all craft bags, large, at £21.00.
PLUS…
All the usual items needed for your crafts,

Loyalty Cards
The loyalty card system proved to be very popular last year, so we will continue with this throughout 2011.  So remember, for every £10.00 purchase, we sign your card, then money off your purchases when the card is full.

Gift Vouchers
The gift vouchers were again very popular at Christmas time, but they are also a good idea for Birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter, or any other occasion, or simply to say thank you.  Available in £5 and £10.

Due to the expense of postage, I will be unable to post out any further Newsletters, so please, please, let me have your email addresses so I can keep you updated.  However, Newsletters are available in the shop.  Email  crazy.crafters@hotmail.co.uk.

Wishing you all a very happy and crafty New Year.
See you soon,
Happy Crafting,
Sue @ Crazy Crafters


No comments:

Post a Comment