Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Saturday 22 August 2009

DRAGONS AHOY

These are some of my large dragon heads I have been working on (& off) for some time. I wanted to be a bit different with the eyes. I wanted them sunk back into the skull more than normal but the way to make the eye lids blend in to make the eyes still appear to be forwards in the skull at certain angles was defeating me every time I put my mind to it.

Today thanks to coolcholet on the new forum belonging to the marvellous dragon & screamer creator Dan Reeder I saw the way I needed to do my dragons eye lids. Thank you coolcholet. Now I have the answer to my problematic eye lids I can get back to these dragons very soon & finish them. More pictures when I get them finished I promise.


























2 comments:

  1. i fucking love this. how long does it take you to make one these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The building depends on a few things. Firstly i tend to start several projects before i get them finished i go & start more. By the time i get back around to the original projects i started my family has damaged many of the unfinished works. I have then to re-do bits of them. The large green dragon in the pictures has had ALL it's frons broken off (the frills on the back of the head) as well as both ears & a few teeth.

    As a rule however the large green dragon head (some 30 inches or so high) generally only takes a few days to reach the stage in the pictures shown.

    I work with 90% hollow projects. To do this i use balloons which i re-shape & enhance with folded shaped card. The final details are then bulked out using foil & smaller bits of card as i go.

    Look at a few of my videos on YouTube (listing at the bottom of the page) especially the tortoise one. You will get an idea of what i mean from that.

    I have allowed your post but if i could ask that you might please be careful with the colourful language. I don't want to have to tag this blog as adult & then risk limiting viewers. Thank you for your comment & glad you like it/some thing in it.

    I hope i can continue to provide much more for you to enjoy in the future.

    ReplyDelete