Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Wednesday 9 December 2009

THE DARKSIDE CREATIONS AWARD

Over the next few days, weeks month etc i will be starting to give out a little award of my own since it seems to be the standing tradition of the blogspot users. The many awards i have seen given to various blogs so far have been anything & everything from a very basic to very impressive looking award pictures. Some appear (to me) to be randomly yet attractive images designed by users. Whilst some feature images that represent the blog users own blog. I chose to go with this latter idea in mind for MY award logo image depicted below.





There ARE a couple of things i wish to point out & make VERY clear with MY award how ever. I have read in the 'BlogSpot help files'that the 'main' reason for many of these awards is as part of a 'pyramid scheme' where the sender intends the award to be a link back system to their own blogs. Generally accompanied by the message,"Pass this onto 'X' users in turn".

[1] I consider this to be a nasty & sneaky underhand way of doing things. If 'I' say something is good & i like it - I MEAN IT!. So with this in mind I ask the recievers of my little award here if/when they get it remember 'I' gave it because i truely liked what i saw on your blog. MY award picture carries NO hidden 'track back code' of any kind & will NEVER be asked by me to be used as such. It IS just an award.

[2] I do NOT nor ever ask ANYONE & rather you did not pass this award on to 'X' bloggers. This award IS from ME & ME alone DIRECTLY to the recipients blog.

[3] I WILL ONLY send this award via Email (when possible) directly to the recipient(s). It WILL never come with the message "Come to my blog to get the award". Yet another sneaky way of getting visitors... Nasty, nasty methods i deplore.

[4] IF you recieved this award & you did NOT get it directly from ME (via' Email ONLY) & or it comes with the message "Pass this on to...." Or ANYTHING similar then it is a FAKE award & DID NOT COME FROM ME & therefore  WILL NOT have the sentiment that comes with said award from me!.

[5] Anyone who recieves this award can display it or choose not to if they so wish. I ask only that they NOT pass it on.

[6] Finally ONLY the TRUE recipients of this award will be displaid down the right side section of MY blog. If you are NOT on this list then you did NOT get the award from ME!.

I have many friends who have blogs & websites be they paper mache related or other. IF you have not yet recieved this award from me yet, please do not panick or be alarmed it will simply mean i have not gotten to you yet. I will do my best to send it as quickly as i can.

Well thats enough of that. I appologise if this seems a little 'over the top' in any way. I just wanted the recipients of this award to know when i start to give this out it is meant 'as an award' & not some elaborate link back scheme. Thankyou for you time & understanding in reading this rambling post.

AT NO TIME IS PERMISSION GIVEN NOR WILL IT 'EVER' BE GIVEN TO ANYONE TO COPY THE ACCOMPANYING DARKSIDE AWARD IMAGE SHOWN ABOVE DO NOT EVEN ASK TO DO SO. THIS IS A COPYRIGHT IMAGE.

2 comments:

  1. I like your rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just felt they should be this way. An award should JUST be THAT not some cheap scape link back scheme. If a blog is worth viewing then it WILL BE. Dragging people there for some meaningless award just to buid up viditor numbers is a truely lame idea & i feel the practice SHOULD be stopped!.

    ReplyDelete