Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Thursday 27 August 2009

MAKING TUBE CORAL

As part of a much larger project I needed some simple coral forms to enhance the project. I chose some tube coral as being a simple form to make. As shown in the picture below the real thing.



STEP 1:

Taking some assorted tubes of different lengths cutting down as required in some cases. Then dipped one end of each tube in undiluted PVA glue then dipped the same ends into small wood chippings used for hamsters & other small pets cages as floor covering.


Once I had the size I required on the now bulbous end. Once they dried fully I then coated the tube ‘sides’ with undiluted PVA & then rolled the tubes in the same fine wood chippings.




STEP 2:

Once this was fully dried I then coated the entire outside of the tubes in PVA glue but this time I rolled the tubes in a medium grade sand. Once dried fully all that remained was to paint & attach the project I was working on. (see my MECH FISH video listed below at the bottom of this blog page).



No comments:

Post a Comment