Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Wednesday 13 January 2010

3D MOON & STARS MOBILE UPDATE - KIND OF

Have you ever worked on a project you came to regret slightly? I have today with my 3D moon & stars project lol. My next art supply run is not until next week (Tuesday if i have my weeks right) until then i am out of rubber gloves. I rarely use them they get in the way especially with PVA glue. This project WAS supposed to be 'quick project' that got finished just before Christmas but the holiday period caught up on me. i want to get back on with other unfinished projects so am putting the final touches to this one ahead of the next supply run.


This is the point where 'i wish i hadn't'. I varnished the moon yesterday & it has dried nicely along with what now look like milk weed stains on my hands where i thought i had scrubbed off all the varnish but hadn't. Today i am varnishing the stars & adding 3 colours of glitter to them. Take my word of advise on this don't do it without gloves. No matter how much gloves make life 'tricky' when sculpting - use them lol. I now have milk weed stained & glitter covered hands!. It is going to take days to scrub this lot off lol. I just hope i can get it all off BEFORE my art supply run or i just know i am going to get some strange looks lol.

Apart from this er!, sticky hand related hitch the project should be completed tomorrow & i should have the final video complete with the project shot & uploaded tomorrow or the day after.

2 comments:

  1. I know that this is going to sound like Heloise's hints but.............if you will soak your hands in an epsom salt bath, it takes just about anything off your hands. I even had superglue lift off my hands once. Epsom salt is so cool. I am a silk painter and the dye kinda just lingers 4 eva and when I found ES I was thrilled. My hands don't have to look like I am from another planet. Just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool thank you hun i am so glad i posted that little silly post now lol. I will be sure to buy some on my next art supply run. lol Technically speaking it IS for my arts sake is it not lol Again thank very much.

    ReplyDelete