Work on the unfinished Troll Screamers shown above as well as several NEW Troll Screamers will resume soon. I have several body parts ready to go for the new creations.

Saturday 19 September 2009

LARGE ORNIMENTAL DISH WIPs

I need to brush up on my painting skills. It's been too long dodging actually painting anything other than monsters & dragons. I need to get back into doing some real painting. Some thing with flair & style. So i started making a couple of large dish sculptures seen below. The actual dish section when made was HEIGHT: 6.5cm (2.5 inch) x WIDTH: 43cm (17 inch). I have not measured the overall height yet since i added the stands.

Apart from a single layer of foil i used from the copying stage these dishes are PURE news print & white 80gm printer paper ONLY. Yet once finished they will easily be able to hold several pounds of real fruit or anything else you care to place in them for decoration.

To give me plenty of scope with these i was thinking of making around 6/8 of them since i can easily make 3 a day,  then trying out different painting styles on them to see what works best & 'what' i can still do or more likely what i have forgotten after all these years not painting anything properly lol. Anyway the two large dishes i have so far:








4 comments:

  1. Jonty,

    What did you use for the base of these plates?
    If covered with Dragon Skin would they be strong enouth to hold cookies or something like that?

    Luella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a large 16 inch oscillating pedastal fan cage front & back. Strong enough to hold cookies? Lol the method of PM'ing i use to create things like this mean these dishes could hold several pounds of fruit 'easily'. Each dish is some 17 inches across. Even though they are under 3/4mm thick as i say my construction methods are STRONG even without dragon skin on them. Oh the fan cages are NOT inside these dishes by the way just PURE paper with a single layer of foil from the copying stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful clean work!i can't wait to see them painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making around 6 of them just for the very purpose of re-vamping my painting skills lol. Should be paintig them next week lol. I hope but you know me lol.

    ReplyDelete